Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Cheery Roscoe


 One morning, not so many weeks ago, I awoke to a scene very much like this one,  but two hours earlier - 5:30 a.m. The only difference was that of a faint orange glow, cast by the alarm clock numbers onto my bedding. "Wow!" I thought. "Chiaroscuro!" I said.   "I will take a picture!" I did. The result was a black rectangle showing only the numerals from the clock, not even the small triangle of light sneaking through the window blind. So I laid there, dozing in and out, taking a picture once in a while, until both the window and clock showed in my image. As you can see, it wasn't until two hours later, at 7:36 a.m., that both the light of dawn and time could be seen, but try as I might, the soft orange glow did not appear. 
That must be a special treat for those who are awake at 5:30 a.m.

P.S., Don't be surprised if a version of this post pops up elsewhere; I am needing an item for The Very Boring Group (TVBG) page. This may be it.

 

1 comment:

Swimmin Rach said...

Speaking as one who gets up at 5:30 in the morning, I love morning light as soon as I can get it! 7:30 is feeling pretty late these days :(