Sunday, October 15, 2023

Eclipse On A Cloudy Day


It rained all night and well into Saturday morning. I went outside to see whether there was any chance of seeing (I use that term inaccurately as there was no chance of my looking directly into the sun) the eclipse. I did locate the orb's general placement, aimed my camera, and Poof! This is it. Eclipse seen on a rainy day, 2023. 

There is an indication of a bright circle with another, more shadowy segment in its upper left quadrant, so my image looks like the eclipse was at about forty percent. 

However, the first eclipse that comes to mind for me is Eclipse, one of the three foundation sires of the Thoroughbred horse. As a horse-crazy child, this animal's name was a fact that was incised into my brain in about third grade: Matchem, Herod, and Eclipse. I'll forget to buy toilet tissue or perhaps miss my brother's birthday, but I won't forget Eclipse.

 


 

1 comment:

roentare said...

What a moody weather