Saturday, October 7, 2023

Now It's Autumn


 

I woke up at 5:30 A.M. Saturday and I knew the inevitable had happened: my feet were cold and now it is autumn. Yeah, yeah, the calendar says the Autumn Equinox was just two weeks ago but it doesn't matter; fall arrives the minute I feel the need to put on a pair of warm socks. When my feet are cold, I'm cold all over so there'll also be an extra blankie across the foot of my bed so the rest of me feels, well, just right. This situation will remain until near my birthday in March when Spring arrives. Until then, it's socks for bed, socks to wear around my place - with slippers, socks with my shoes and boots.

Luckily, with the Winter Solstice, not only will the days begin to lengthen, but I will begin counting down the days to Spring when I'll be able to take my socks off. 


3 comments:

roentare said...

Beautiful flower and bokeh

Rob Siemann said...

Welcome to International Cold Feet Club! LOL

William Kendall said...

Still light blanket for me at present.