Saturday, November 11, 2017

Long Time, No Post. Well ... Duh


A Facebook page I like is devoted to 
the works of cartoonist Gary Larson.
One admirer posted the above Far Side panel 
the other night, which prompted me to think, 
"Fppft! I see that every day I go to work!"
I stopped at the intersection yesterday to take pictures.
Here it is ---


Where Washington crosses Delaware 24/7
and has for many years.


Washington Street, which runs east/west through 
Downtown Indianapolis. is a part of the old US Route 40.
Delaware Street, one of a number of local 
streets named for states, runs north/south, about 
two blocks east of Meridian Street. 
The intersection of Meridian and Washington 
serve to mark the center of the state,
known for years as 
"The Crossroads of America." 


2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Good eye! Nice to see you.

Anonymous said...

Happy to have you back.