Saturday, June 6, 2020

My Covid Vaca, Day 77: The Giant Cornflake Surfs the Breakers with His Buds


The Giant Cornflake Surfs the Breakers with His Buds. Drawing BIC Ballpoint Pens and Felt-tip Markers. 

Along with millions of other people, I've been doing the Covid-19 stay-at-home initiative that started last March. But here we are, three months later, 
and I just now get around to posting pictures.

I'd lined up a couple short-term jobs, both of which 
were canceled due to the pandemic. 
(There went the new MCM sofa I wanted to buy with the extra earnings). I'd also planned to make a series of small silk-screen prints of swimmers to sell at local meets. The print studio was closed and the meets, including trials for the USA Olympic Diving Team, were also canceled. In addition, since the pools were closed, our masters swim team practices were canceled.

The trick has been to find something to do to stay sane.
I read a lot, so I just read more. I dick around on my computer playing silly games and read the comments made on FB by the fkd up trolls (Do they get paid for their vapid bigotry by their Russian masters, or is it all "in good fun"?).

And I draw. I bought a thick sketchbook and a packet of BIC colored ballpoint pens. I'm trying to make a series of nice pictures I can develop as silkscreen prints when everything re-opens. So far, I've filled one book and am about one-third the way through the second. The drawings are of swimmers, a few of trees, but mostly 
of completely non-objective compositions that I find utterly engaging.

"The Colors of Water." Drawing. BIC ballpoint pens and felt-tip markers.


No comments: