Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Indy Through the Bus Window

 


Monday afternoon I went to Eskenazi Hospital to get the first of two vaccines against the Covid-19 virus. For all the effort I took to make the appointment, to show up early (the alternative was to be late), and worrying about the results, the actual jab was, really, nothing. I spent more time on the bus than I did at the hospital. 

I'd worried about missing my place in line, but once I'd gotten a mask from the receptionist at the entrance, I was nearly alone in this little adventure. There were others there for the same reason, but we were definitely outnumbered by staff. I walked in, got my paperwork, was summoned by an EMT who swabbed my arm, pinched my deltoid muscle, and Poof! sent me on my way. I didn't even feel it; if there was a microchip in that dose of Moderna vaccine, it is a miracle of the tiniest miniaturization ever achieved by science.


2 comments:

William Kendall said...

I imagine it'll be summer before I can get it.

Speedway said...


I know you will get the jab as soon as it's available to you, William. Tiny tracking microchips or no ;-D