Saturday, February 20, 2021

Waiting for Pink and Green


Combined with the winter, this Covid stay-at-home regime has finally begun to take a toll on my morale. I poke my nose out the front window, my arm metaphorically draped around the shoulders of my amaryllis plant, looking and anticipating warmer weather. I look forward to flowers like the hibiscus above. The sepals at the base of the bud remind me of the prongs that hold a jewel. Then again, maybe that's exactly what it is - another jewel in its setting
 I don't like the cold; as a child, our home was never warm in winter and I find myself returning, unwillingly, to days spent wrapped in every blanket I have on my bed. And then I remind myself - at least I don't live in Texas. 




1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Very pretty!

The ongoing Covid saga has left me frayed at the edges.