Monday, February 1, 2021

Theme Day: Smile: Music to My Eyes


 I was on a bus heading north out of the downtown area, browsing through a fashion magazine to pass the time. The colors and the patterns of the clothes were jarring, incompatible with those outside the bus window - sandstone, gray, and limestone, asphalt and metal chrome, a rather mundane bass line overlaid with the bright dresses. And then, there it was, just in the corner of my eye - a grace note, fluttering above the cars and over the bus - a butterfly, wending its erratic path on a quest, perhaps to meet a bazillion of its own kind in Mexico.

As I watched it make its way, determined in its direction, however much it was tossed in the air currents, it reminded me that the object of travel "is not the destination, but the journey." And it made me smile.

The first of each month marks the Theme Day for City Daily Photo photographers all over the world. To see how other participants have interpreted the them in their city, just click on the CDP badge to the right of this post.

  

No comments: