Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Wedding Party


As I walked over to the Starbucks located on Monument Circle on Saturday, 
I saw a group of well-dressed, attractive men (Woo hoo!) 
waiting at the Monument's base. Since they were wearing boutonnieres,
I suspected (wiggle of eyebrows) that they formed the groom's 
half of a wedding party.  


When I looked across the street, I saw a line of identically 
dressed women approaching, behind whom was the bride,
their make-up artists, and photographer.


Everyone smiled and chatted happily as they posed 
for their pictures, attracting a few neighborly paparazzi 
who, like me, made pictures of their own 
to record the pretty occasion.


One of the more unusual features of this bride was the henna tattoos 
that had been drawn on her arms and feet. I overheard her brother 
explaining to some passers-by that, not only had the lines taken many hours 
to draw, but that the bride had to wait another long while 
for the artwork to dry, requiring help from her mother to eat, etc.


Among the photos taken, were some of the drawings made 
on the bride's feet. Kudos to the photographer who was willing 
to get down on the cold ground to record the beautiful art. 




3 comments:

Birdman said...

FIRST time ever that I looked at a brides' feet, church or not.
Kinda strange too.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots! What a radiant bride!

Speedway said...

I always look at the dresses first. I never expected to see the henna designs on her feet.

Everyone was happy, William, and the visitors on the Circle experienced it, too, taking pictures of their own to remember it by.