Saturday, March 1, 2014

Giving Back


Friday evening, I did a stint as an usher at the 
2014 ISHAA Boys' Swimming and Diving Championships 
being held this weekend at the IUPUI Natatorium.
Indy Aquatic Masters sometimes asks its members to give
their time for events like these in order to help
offset the organization's costs, as well as to help support
and promote swimming activities in the community.

I would much preferred to have been swimming. 
Not that I could have in any way kept up with the boys,
but the competition excited me, making standing
around in the aisles a real bore. Even though the finals
will be held Saturday evening, several state records were
broken, both individually and by teams. The best of the night
was also the last event. Chesterton High School boys
set a new state and national record in the 400 meter
freestyle relay, lowering the time from 3 minutes,
1.05 seconds to 2 minutes, 59.36 seconds. 


1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Good captures of the pool. Makes me feel like taking a swim myself.