Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Quiet Inside


When I go to the Natatorium to swim, the pool is usually 
alive with swimmers of various ages and abilities.
Divided into two twenty-five meter pools, one end had 
a few swimmers doing laps while this one was set up
in competition mode with double lane markers,
awaiting a college team scheduled to practice for
their meet this weekend. With banners showing pictures
of past champions hanging from the ceiling,
perhaps the pool was reflecting on its history as a place 
where great swimmers have performed.
Not long from now, the pool will be closed for
renovations and repairs, all preparations
for next year, when the Olympic Trials
to choose this country's representatives for
the 2016 Diving Team will be held.
I will miss it. 
There isn't another place locally 
that I enjoy as much.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that first picture. You got it just right.

William Kendall said...

I can see why it appeals to you.