Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Just About Tripped Over Him, I Did


Just as my bus crossed over the bridge 
at the Broad Ripple Canal, I looked over to see 
this heron standing beside towpath to the canal. 
I got off the bus a few feet further on 
and found the bird had not been startled away. 
I got my camera out of my backpack and was able 
to get a few pictures of the heron.
He was only about twenty-five feet away.
Generally, they seem to be very shy creatures 
flying away at the first appearance of a human
(this one, anyway), so I count myself lucky 
to have gotten this shot of a bit of
Indy's urban wildlife. 



2 comments:

William Kendall said...

He or she must have been more interested in fishing than flying.

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back posting here. When you don't post for weeks on end, I worry.