Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Just About Tripped Over Him, I Did


Just as my bus crossed over the bridge 
at the Broad Ripple Canal, I looked over to see 
this heron standing beside towpath to the canal. 
I got off the bus a few feet further on 
and found the bird had not been startled away. 
I got my camera out of my backpack and was able 
to get a few pictures of the heron.
He was only about twenty-five feet away.
Generally, they seem to be very shy creatures 
flying away at the first appearance of a human
(this one, anyway), so I count myself lucky 
to have gotten this shot of a bit of
Indy's urban wildlife. 



2 comments:

William Kendall said...

He or she must have been more interested in fishing than flying.

22bb3f66-7671-11e3-bf04-000bcdcb471e said...

Glad to have you back posting here. When you don't post for weeks on end, I worry.