Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Dunno ... But I Think I Found Out


 

I saw this circular window-like thingy on a blue metal box and thought it looked interesting. When I got home I looked up the manufacturer. I think this is a socket cover for receptacle that would ordinarily hold an electrical meter.

The blue box itself is at the curb of a site where one could rent an electrically-powered car, a runabout one could use for errands in the downtown area. For whatever reason, that business didn't work out; the little cars were shown in pictures, literally stacked in a junk yard, and there's a contest for suggestions for the best use for these sites.

P.S., The red is from the reflection of my coat.

 

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

It makes an interesting shot.

Rockinon said...

A neat picture but a bit of a sad tale. Why the cars could not have been sold is a puzzle to me.

Speedway said...


I've wondered the same, Rockinon. Maybe it's due to the cars needing an outlet to be recharged. I could have definitely used one of the little guys, but there is no place to plug it in and no way my land lord would allow an outlet for it.