Monday, November 17, 2014

A Visit to Kuaba Gallery


Every so often, I pay a visit to Kuaba Gallery
located on the on the second floor of the King Cole
building on the northeast corner of Meridian and 
Washington Streets. It's great to be able to see 
contemporary fine art at an intersection
I frequently pass on my way to do other things.
I stop in to visit with a couple pieces
by El-Anatsui, draped golden wall hangings
made from the caps for liquor bottles;
the man has found rich luster, texture, and
color in the most common, innocuous
of materials. I never tire of the pieces I've
seen here and at the Indianapolis
Museum of Art.
Currently on display is ceramic work
by Netherlands-born sculptor, Annelies Heijnen ,
whose white earthenware pieces are
full of pattern and color. The piece I've shown
here would provide both visual and tactile
pleasure for just about forever, every time 
one traced its patterns and colors
with the eye and hand.



1 comment:

William Kendall said...

This piece is certainly very eye catching!