Monday, March 21, 2016

It's Here! It's Here!


Cocooned in metal and plastic,
I ride to work in a vaguely somnambulistic haze.
The sounds of cars hum and beep around me.
The engines don't roar anymore;
they purr and whirr, almost silent.
It's their tires I hear, sticking and 
unsticking on the pavement.
In the gray haze, I see the colors of the lights 
denoting the corners on shapes,
others signaling the red, green, and yellow
of the intersections.
And yet -- and yet, I hear spring,
sneaking through the industrialized 
sound barrier -- robins chirping and singing
their own joy at the coming of another day.


P.S. A few days ago, I posted
some pictures from my visit to Nada,
a new restaurant in downtown Indy.
They liked the pictures and comments,
so treated me to dessert the other
night. Ahhh. I felt so spoiled.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Very good of them to do!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Speedway.