Saturday, November 10, 2012

365 Days Apart


I thought I was finished with my book, but I wasn't.
 I'd replaced a number of my pictures because the originals 
weren't of sufficient quality and re-wrote the captions to match. 
I've been expecting a payment that would allow me 
to pay for the remaining pictures. It hasn't arrived. 
In the meantime, contracts have been rewritten to change 
the invoices so we can get our pictures. It's not hard, 
but it is a pain in the ass. I want to be out taking pictures. 


The top picture was taken November 10, 2010, while 
the second was taken November 10 of last year.

3 comments:

dive said...

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, Speedway.
Yet it's still beautiful and you still capture it perfectly.
Thank you for the glorious, warm colours to brighten my cold, rainy weekend.

Oh, and thank you for the book update; I've been getting impatient with the Amazonians for not delivering my copy but now I know why. Good luck with it.

Speedway said...

Dive, thank you for responding each morning to my saccharine little posts. We both know I can/could be really pissy but, hey, it wouldn't go with the pretty little pictures.

May 21, 2013, Dive. In my mind, at any rate, I've gone on to other projects, making it increasingly difficult to pick up on it to make changes.

I hope your work goes OK for you this morning. Take it easy. One day at a time, baby. oxoxox.

dive said...

For "saccharine" read "beautifully observed, artfully composed photos and witty text" Speedway. I don't keep coming over here for the coffee.

And hey, who wouldn't get a little snippy after the relentless onslaught of a US election campaign?

Thank you for giving me another reason to look forward to my favourite month … and indeed a reason to keep going 'til then.
Work sucks today. It's cold, rainy and I just got back from my Aunt's (my cousin dropped dead yesterday), so the lovely warm colours of today's post are even more welcome than usual.