Saturday, June 1, 2013

June Theme Day: The Beauty of Decay



The City Daily Photo theme this month is "The Beauty of Decay." 
I've taken a lot of those sorts of images. 
Whether it's faded flowers or the rusty, open wounds on trash cans, 
it's all around as an inevitable part of life.
I went back into the SDP archives for a couple
pictures of weeds and grasses, while the third, taken Friday,
shows a few of the newly bloomed roses near work.
Sadly, they are already becoming a part of the topic;
their petals were fading and dropping as I took their picture. 


To see how other members of the CDP world-wide community 
have interpreted the theme, click on the above link or the badge on the right. 
Be amazed. Join in the conversation. Leave comments.


Speaking of decay, today marks the second anniversary of Speedway Daily Photo.
It's been fun exploring my little world with my camera and
sharing the results with the larger world. The experience has enriched
my life and will continue to do so. So far, I don't think I've missed a day --
a (self-imposed) deadline, but not a day. 

11 comments:

Jo said...

congratulations on your milestone well done.
:)

Jim said...

Well done.

Red Nomad OZ said...

Congratulations on your blogoversary!! A perfect flower is beautiful - but just a little, well, boring!!

Birdman said...

My garden goes in today and in November it'll look like this.

Tanya Breese said...

beautiful images!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

A good angle shot. Love the autumn tonings.

LOLfromPasa said...

These flowers still look beautiful. And, thank you for sharing your photos and thoughts over the last 2 years. Well done!

Lynette said...

You’ve made a great Theme Day post. I'm glad you picked these for today. Thanks for the informative text. Congrats on the anniversary!

Julie said...

That first image of the dangling seed pods is totally beautiful to my eyes, Sarah. I love the dryness and the creases and even the black mould.

Well done on your blogoversary. It is a feat indeed not to miss a daily post.

Thank you for your contribution to our Theme Day.

Deb said...

Love the seed pods, and congratulations on your 2nd anniversary posting a daily photo.

Julie said...

Hello Sara

At last the CDP portal is acknowledging the anniversary of its member bloggers. We are starting with those bloggers whose anniversary falls in June 2013. Although I am late, may I congratulate you on the two years so far, and wish you good luck for the coming twelve months.

The list of bloggers whose anniversary falls between 1st June and 16th June can be found here http://dailyphotoportalnews.blogspot.com.au/

warm regards
Julie