Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sick



The day seemed bright and brand new when I took these pictures. 
A week on, fighting a sinus infection, I feel like crap,
unable to enjoy the beauty I've been given. 
I will go and huddle in my bed, watch TV, read, and possibly 
write to my muse, to let him know I think he's a dick.


We have hawks and falcons all over town.
I spied this one, perched on a telephone wire
looking for mice. He didn't have long to enjoy 
whatever reveries hawks might entertain,
though, because a squadron of sparrows flew in
to torment and drive him from his perch.
I last saw him flying towards the protection of
a tree, with six of the little birds in pursuit,
chattering and scolding him all the way.
To see our downtown falcons, maybe,
as four babies have fledged,
follow this link.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon, Speedway.

dive said...

My sentiments entirely. Sending medicinal wishes across the Pond.