Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Eyes Dance


During my walks, as I try to watch where I'm putting my feet so I won't trip over a pebble, I also try to remember to look at what's over my head. Sometimes I see something like this, a tree so beautiful, so colorful, the shape of its leaves so exquisite ... it makes my eyes dance with pleasure.

It's a Japanese maple tree. There are several varieties of them around my neighborhood, all of them colorful at all times of the year. Some start off as bright green with little red seeds, others start as a brilliant red, while still others seem to be varigated. One homeowner has planted several red ones. In spring they are scarlet, but none of the pictures I've taken over the years has ever shown that wonderful color; my camera does not see what my eyes enjoy.

So I just let my eyes dance.

1 comment:

dive said...

What glorious colours and beautiful shapes, Speedway. Awesome photo.