Friday, August 30, 2013

Gold and Salt


Last night, I left the Natatorium after a swim and 
came home with nada for today's post. For the past couple weeks, 
the weather has been hot. In the mid-90s hot. 
The light is funny, too, sort of bright and flat most of the day. 
I haven't found many nice pictures to take as a result 
and have passed opportunities because of the light - flat with little contrast. 
This morning, I took some shots of the parking lot a couple blocks away. 
At this time of the season, the trees are beginning to tire, their leaves fading 
and drooping a bit from their earlier rich, robust green selves.
Some are starting to fall away. Their tasks are done and they
cast their golden selves upon the ground, sometimes
creating little highlights on cracks in the pavement.


2 comments:

dive said...

Stunning, Speedway.

Speedway said...

Thank you, Dive. I don't take any pictures like these that I don't think of you.