Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Little Frosty Around the Edges


Along with most of my family, I started a cold 
Christmas day. While mine is mild, the younger ones 
and their mamas are suffering with flu 
and sinus infections. Bleh! and all that to this
seasonal assault on people's daily lives,
especially to the moms who, ill themselves,
must also see to the timely meds of their babies.
I spent the weekend curled up on the couch,
watching movies, doing crossword puzzles,
and working on a drawing/painting.
On Monday, I went out for breakfast and
to buy groceries. After being in a coolish apartment,
then the cold outdoors, I nearly fainted when
I went into the too-warm atmosphere of the
restaurant. I ate my breakfast, savored my coffee, 
then returned outside where, unbelieveably, 
I enjoyed the chill air of the morning.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Bleh! indeed. Lovely photograph, Sara. Nature has some terrific geometrics.

William Kendall said...

My cold started up before Christmas, had me feeling down and out.

Beautiful composition!