Sunday, March 18, 2012

Redbud and Guitars


While the magnolia trees are showing their magnificent blooms, 
the redbuds' color is just beginning to appear. 
In a week or so, they'll be covered 
in their beautifully colored, tiny florets. 
How do they do that, and why?


I was messing around, looking for something else on YouTube, when I found this video clip. I believe it's from 1990,
just before Stevie Ray Vaughn was killed in a helicopter
crash after a performance. Here he is playing with
Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, Jimmie Vaughn
and Buddy Guy. 




2 comments:

Robyn Martins said...

When I was growing up, we had a red-bud tree in my front yard in Chesteraton, Indiana. Our street and yard and house were very modest, but every spring when that little tree bloomed, I felt as if I lived in paradise. Seriously, that tree made everything around it look better, and I loved it year round.

Speedway said...

There is just something about a flowering tree that lifts the spirits, makes the world seem a lot better. The magnolias are fine, but the redbuds get to me every time, covered in florets, or whatever they are, like sweaters. They make me happy.