Wednesday, July 24, 2013

In and Out


I fell asleep last night with my Blogger page up - 
a picture but no copy.
There's something about being outside in warm, 
humid weather then coming inside to an air conditioned 
environment that just makes me drowsy. 
Add to that the relaxed feeling I have after an hour's swim 
and I just want to snuggle under the covers with 
a crossword puzzle or a book (the right man 
would be infinitely nicer, 
but prefer puzzles to the wrong 'un).
Of course, I fell asleep and did not wake up
until morning.

The day was gray and humid when I took this picture 
of hosta on the grounds of the Indianapolis 
Museum of Art. People wandered the grounds with
their umbrellas to protect from intermittent
showers and the rain dripping from the
lushly green trees, but the place is so beautiful,
no one minded the moisture.

No comments: