Saturday, May 31, 2014

Dinner Near Home


I took myself to dinner tonight after work.
After a year of constantly watching and counting 
every calorie, I wanted something more "homey," 
so took myself to the Union Jack Pub in Speedway.
The place has been there for years now, taking over 
the building from a bankrupt pizza joint.
It has begun to acquire a patina, I think, on the 
wood paneling, pictures, and auto racing memorabilia.
My meal did involve "comfort food," hot and tasty. 
I am glad to say, however, that I left a bit of my food
because I was no longer hungry; I didn't eat all
the potatoes or chicken, and didn't drink
all my beer. I did, however, eat every last morsel
of my chocolate brownie sundae.
That says a bit about what my addictions may be.


I was really attracted to the blue reflections
cast by the TVs and computer screens
onto the rows of beer mugs. The color contrasted
nicely with the amber light and wood paneling.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

It looks like quite an inviting establishment. And of course, a chocolate brownie sundae must be finished.