Friday, September 16, 2011

Art Where You Find It


There are still a few days left of summer, but leaves have started to fall. 
Some do not seem to want to and like this leaf, float suspended between the tree and the ground, held aloft by the magic of one strand of a spider's silk. 



Between them, the man who used his saw to cut the cement and the one who filled it in, they could not have composed a more perfect balance of line and shades of gray if they had tried.



And here, Nature has left an impression on the sidewalk, 
staining it with the color of a leaf from a tulip tree.

5 comments:

dive said...

Boy howdy! Art indeed, Speedway. Beautiful images.
If you had no shame you could make a fortune from selling your photos to Hallmark.

Speedway said...

G'morning,Dive! Ready for Goodwood?

Sad to say, Hallmark has no need of freelance work - they have a very large, deep pool of in-house people. I do need to work on this aspect, but it will have to wait until another project is completed.

dive said...

Oooh, projects! I can't wait to hear what you have up your sleeve … world domination from the inside of a hollowed-out volcano, perhaps?

Yup; I'm all set for Goodwood and now heading for bed as I have to leave at four in the morning.
Toodle pip!

Speedway said...

You know which project, Dive.

Yep, world domination, like after you buy me the Maharaja of Mysore's (and I cringe at the jokes that name brings to mind) Roller so I can ride around my kingdom, slapping the corporate weasels at my pleasure.

dive said...

Hee hee hee