Sunday, December 16, 2012

Workday Scenes


A cloudy morning greeted me this past week when I left for work. 
Downtown, the lights in the buildings and on the streets provided 
whatever twinkle and flash was to be had, lending the only
color to the otherwise drab granite and limestone covered buildings.


The bus stop outside my workplace is near a Hispanic-owned auto 
repair business. Above, the proverbial "junk yard dog," 
who provides security. Accompanied by his mate, a black female 
pit bull who recently had puppies, the two are effective 
deterrents to would-be thieves.


When working during the winter, we generally stay inside all day. 
If lucky, we will be provided the gift of sunlight during 
our journeys home. This bit of glorious purple and orange 
led me home about a week ago, and was gone 
by the time I stepped into my front door.

2 comments:

dive said...

A real junk yard dog! He looks kinda cute, but he'd probably bite me if I told him that.
Love the sunset through the bus windshield. Great shot!

Speedway said...

Yep, Dive a real junk yard dog. I think he's kind of handsome, too. I've seen similar-looking dogs that are kept as pets who are sleek as seals with their gray coats and flashy white markings. This dog could benefit from like treatment. As it is, he is a merely a fur-clad security system.

I liked that sunset a lot. I didn't make it home in time to take its picture, so I'm glad to have gotten the one on the bus. We had another beauty this evening, which I'll post in a day or two.