Monday, July 25, 2011

Natural A/C



I noticed the man sitting at his open window to smoke a cigarette and read his newspaper. Then I noticed all the rectangles creating the pattern and the tenuous  balance of the window and granite cornerstone. What's not to like, except the sight of an otherwise nice-looking man sucking little bits of fiery embers into his lungs.


.
Here's another fixer-upper available to a prospective owner wanting a potential income-producing property. Trouble is, for as much work as this building needs, I'm in love with the rubbed turquoise finish on the bay windows.

1 comment:

dive said...

Great composition in that first shot, Speedway. Well spotted.
I'm with you on the fixer-upper. A sympathetic restoration would leave the weathered paint to give the place a more period feel. What a shame to see such fine looking (and historic) buildings in such a state of disrepair. I hope it gets restored rather than knocked down.