Wednesday, August 3, 2011

If I Look Perplexed ... It's a WTF Kinda Day


And for me, that's usually at least some part of just about every day. 

Monday morning I saw this shoe near the curb as I went in to work. Now, just how could some young lady be all spiffed up in her prettiest party dress, the best push 'em up and out bra that money can buy, all the extensions in the world sewn into her hair with make-up designed to make even the most hardened swain fall in love with her pouty lips -- how could she possibly not miss one half of her pair of 4-inch platform heels?

Was she teleported away by a lusty alien, to whom a clumpy gait may have looked particularly endearing? Did she resist his advances, then walk home like she was wearing only one of a pair of stilts? 

Or was it left by a tawdry Cinderella, hoping it would be found by her gutter Prince Charming?

Whatever, I hope she's safe.

5 comments:

dive said...

Looks to me like it was left there by the flamenco dancer who'd just used it to demolish the pavement.

Speedway said...

Yep! :-D Tap-tap-tap-yap-clap-clap-clap-tap-tap-TAP-TAP-TAP! OLE! Uh-oh.

dive said...

Yay! That sounded spectacular. I wish it came with video.

Robyn Martins said...

The phrases "lusty alien" and "gutter Prince Charming" are so so so funny. Great post.

Speedway said...

Well, thank you, Scout, but it's only to be expected from someone whose imagination is still full of romantic notions, yet remains snagged in everyday realities. I'm amazed at some of the laughable cr*p that comes out of my stumbling fingers.