Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cold Beauty


Today, the chromed display racks, lined up inside a store
 at the shopping center, looked warmer than I felt. The day started out
with only a blue swash of sky showing through cold gray clouds.
A stiff breeze pushed the cloud cover away, and the late afternoon
was left with streaks of pink and purple against the blue.
Beautiful, just beautiful, but bone-chilling cold. Frost bite cold.
I dragged my groceries and new tea kettle home, then promptly planted
myself on the couch with a blanket over my feet; it's now
midnight and my feet are still cold. I am going to bed to read
and get warm. Some time in March.


What I was watching tonight.

1 comment:

dive said...

Gosh, that chrome looks icy cold.
Great photo, Speedway.
That TV programme looks fun, too. It's about time art got its sense of humour back.