Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Chilling Pall


When I left the house this morning, I didn't even need my gloves. 
In the east, I saw a bright pink promise of the sun creating
an aura over downtown. It quickly faded, however,
dominated by the cold gray that took over the area. 
This picture of the Circle, though taken in March, 
gives a better idea of the pall that remained.
When I arrived at work, snow flakes had begun to swirl
and when I left this evening, all my coworkers and I wanted
was to get home to the warmth of our blankies.
No snow, just a chill wind and people huddled in the bus stop shelters.

2 comments:

dive said...

Yikes!
Looks like Victory's raising her hand to ask permission to climb down and take a break in a nice warm coffee shop.
Over here in Blighty our storm has passed (80mph winds here for three days, but nothing compared to Scotland who got gusts of 165mph) and this morning has dawned bright and clear (though bloody cold).
Have a great weekend, Speedway.

Speedway said...

G'morning, Dive! Yikes! yourself! Hurricane force winds are bad enough but to come with a chill factor just adds to the misery. Bright and clear here, as well, so I'm off to the Coke Field to see if I can get those nice sunrise pics I'd been looking for. You take care, too.