Saturday, October 29, 2011

Because I Like Them


I've been waiting some time for a chance to use 
this picture of a solitary cardinal, his breast showing bright red 
against the gray sky. Since they are here year 'round, 
the fall weather seems appropriate to show him, foraging 
for food among the trees and seeds in the neighborhood.


When I took this picture of the kite eating mulberry tree, 
I was hoping its leaves would show a bit more gold 
in the afternoon light. They didn't, but I like it anyway.
I'll go back, and try again. The clouds in the sky won't be the same. 
Maybe it will be better.

1 comment:

dive said...

POW! That cardinal really is a startling colour. We don't have those over here. It looks like a bird that fell in a paint pot. Fantastic!

Those clouds behind the kite eating tree are wonderful. I like it when different types of cloud muscle into the same piece of sky and put on a show (even of one of them is hiding behind the tree).