Friday, October 21, 2011

Kandinsky in Speedway


"Colour is the keyboard, the eyes are the harmonies, 
the soul is the piano with many strings. 
The artist is the hand that plays, touching one key or another, 
to cause the vibrations in the soul."
-Wassily Kandinsky


I dunno, there's something about these pictures 
that remind me of Kandinsky's paintings. 
Whether it's the splashes of color 
intersected with bold streaks of black, 
or just the above quote, I can't say.
All I know is that as I wander around, looking up at the trees, 
I am filled with an almost giddy delight.
Music for the eyes. 
That's good enough for me.

2 comments:

dive said...

Giddy delight indeed. These are beautiful photos, Speedway.The park benches in the bottom picture are the only sign that it wasn't taken way out in the wilderness. Over here we tend to think of American cities as massive concrete urban sprawls; you're showing a different side to them.

Speedway said...

Thank you, Dive. There are houses all around this small park and the playground is on the left just beyond these trees.

I've contemplated moving downtown, but I realize I prefer my tree-lined neighborhood. Downtown has it's places with trees, too, but I couldn't afford any of them.

Getting ready to go visit some trees now. Hope your day went well - no more Shovels washing up on the beach.