Monday, June 18, 2012

Dressed for Work


All last week, street crews had been working in Speedway to pour 
concrete and lay brick for new sidewalks and curbing.
Drivers carefully made their way through the construction zones
in efforts to avoid the human traffic cones working
all along the way. This morning, I went for a long walk,
during which I happened to look up to see fairly new cones,
clad in reflective tape, marking work in progress 
at the corner of 16th Street and Lynhurst drive.

Of course, I took a couple pictures.
Paired with the grey of the grooved concrete
and the white stripes, how could I resist
their handsome, orange presence?



3 comments:

dive said...

Perky little guys, aren't they?
I do like they way they've pinstriped your road.

lin said...

Have I said I also love your titles?

Speedway said...

G'morning, Dive. Yeah, I love the little guys all dress up in their very own reflective vests.

Hi, Lin(da), it's my normal effed up mind at work. There are so many clever, literate people with blogs that I feel like I'm in a competition to relate my images to my copy - and vice versa.