Thursday, June 7, 2012

Uncloudy Day


I went downtown this morning to meet friends for lunch. 
After a pleasant couple hours, we all went our separate ways,
some to return to work, others to their homes, 
while I went for a walk to take pictures.
The weather was just about ideal, sunny with a breeze and 
reasonable temperatures. Puffy clouds dotted the sky in all directions;
seen from above, they probably look evenly spaced, giving one the 
impression you could reasonably expect to hop from cloud to cloud,
like stepping from rock to rock to cross a creek.



Even with the economic doldrums the world is in, 
why the hell would anyone go to a guy dressed like this 
to sell their gold? And in my neighborhood, 
I sincerely doubt anyone has gold to sell.



5 comments:

Meghan said...

I love the way you show the reflection blending flawlessly with the actual sky!

Speedway said...

Thank you, Meghan. I was walking down the street yesterday afternoon. I looked up at the building and - there it was! How could I pass by clouds passing through a gold building?

dive said...

Yay! A Simpson's sky.

Speedway said...

Yep, all puffy clouds against an unrealistically blue sky, which is really that blue, with a small plane pulling a banner while Homer runs home to join Marge on the couch to watch a PBS documentary about "The Unknown Pottery Mender of Norwich."

dive said...

Hee hee.