Saturday, June 2, 2012

Speedway Sunset: Edge-lit Plane


After work, I took myself to dinner. Long ago, I decided that 
if I were to wait for Someone to ask me, I'd be lying in my cardboard
coffin before he realized it was too late for anything other than
roasted marshmallows (golden outside, runny inside, please!).
So, with pleasant company, great food and excellent service, I enjoyed
a nice dinner with jazz in the background.

As I was returning home, I noticed the sun shining through and 
around the sycamore tree a few feet outside my door.
I think the tree is sick, though. It doesn't seem as healthy as it should be
for the first day of June. Another one a hundred yards away looks
similarly worn. 


Oh, yeah - It is Speedway Daily Photo's first birthday!
I can't believe I was able to maintain it for a week,
let alone an entire year!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy First Anniversary, Speedway! It is an awesome feat to post everyday, isn't it? Love these photos of sycamore leaves - beauty all around!

dive said...

Yay! Happy blog-birthday, Speedway!
A whole year and you're still as inspiring and brilliant as ever.
Here's to the next year.

Meghan said...

Congratulations on one year!
I like the light outlining these leaves. Do you think that some insect has been nibbling on them?

Speedway said...

Thank you, for your nice comments.

I love the trees, but the ones in this neighborhood all seem, to one degree or another, to be riddled with holes where the bugs have eaten on their leaves. We're three weeks from summer yet and the trees seems tired, some with dead leaves. I don't know about trees, but this doesn't seem right.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Love the photos but like you I am concerned about the health of the trees. Let us know as we near summer.

Congratulations!! I know what you mean about keeping it up for a whole year. I started with the idea that I would do it for 3 months if I could. It is just a part of my life now and I value all that I have learned through my blog and others... the friends you meet along the way, a lagnaippe!

Bises,
Genie